PINK CHOCOLATE ECLAIRS WITH CREAM CHEESE ICING
For the cake:
½ cup butter
1 cup flour
1 cup cream, cold
1T vanilla essence
3T castor sugar
For the icing:
100g white chocolate
1T butter Pink food colouring
1. Preheat oven to 220°C. Line a baking tray. In a deep saucepan, bring water to the boil. Add the
½ cup butter and stir until it melts. Reduce heat and add flour. Stir continuously for three minutes. Set aside and cool slightly.
2. Add one egg at a time, beating until fully combined and glossy.
3. Place the mix in a piping bag fitted with a plain nozzle. Pipe into 4cm-long logs. Brush with egg and bake for 5 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 180°C and bake for a further 10 minutes.
4. Cut the puffs horizontally in half and return to the oven for about 5 minutes until the centre is dry.
5. Beat the cream, vanilla and sugar until stiff. Spoon into one half of the pastry and top with the other half.
6. Melt white chocolate with butter, add colouring drops and mix. Spoon on top of the pastry and leave to set. Serve.