Daily scene on the Seine
CONGRATULATIONS to Krystyna Sherry of Wynberg for her picture of daily life along the Seine in Paris, France.
She says: “We visited Paris on our way back from Burgundy, before heading to London. The weather was perfect so we spent the afternoon strolling along the south bank of the Seine, from Ile de la Cité to Champs de Mars, where thousands of tourists come to admire the Eiffel Towel.”
Sherry wins a mid-week stay for four at Montagu Springs.
The runners-up are Lydia Lacerda of Monte Vista for her picture of Cove in Ireland, and David Morley of Bothasig for his picture of the Buffelsjag dam, just outside Swellendam.
Lacerda and her husband visited her eldest son in Ireland. “We hired a car and drove round Ireland, with my son pointing out all the scenic places.
“We came across this very quaint town, Cove, and I couldn't resist snapping the colourful buildings – so cheerful in an otherwise miserable climate.”
Morley visited a farm called Umshanti, which means peace on earth, just outside Swellendam. “We had perfect weather and this reflection in the Buffelsjag Dam was like glass, not a ripple, it was absolutely stunning.” Competition rules: ● All photographs must relate to travel, and you may enter as many times as you like.
● All photographs must be sent as jpeg attachments and not embedded in MS Word documents.
● All photographs must be digital and high resolution. No photographs taken on cellphones or photographs smaller than 700kb will be accepted.
● Photographers must supply their name and surname, as well as the suburb they live in, with a phone number and 50 to 100 words describing how they came to take the picture they are submitting.
● Photographs received without full details and description, or the correct resolution, will not be considered for publication.
● Photographs must be e-mailed to travel@ inl. co. za and marked “Photo competition”.
CHEERFUL: Cove’s colourful buildings are a bright spot in Ireland’s dreary weather, says Lydia Lacerda.
STILL DAY: David Morely recently visited Buffelsjag Dam near Swellendam.