Taking the scenic route
CONGRATULATIONS to Peter Mulder of Bergvliet for his picture of a camel safari in India’s Thar Desert.
He says these safaris are a popular attraction in India’s Rajasthan state. The ancient Silk Route once passed through it.
“We embarked on a 3km sunset camel ride into the dunes 40km west of the city of Jaisalmer.
“On reaching a gathering point, where we waited for the sunset, we were entertained with Rajasthani ballads played by musicians in colourful traditional attire, while people passed by on their camels. It was a magical experience.”
Mulder wins a Sunday lunch buffet for two at the Colosseum Luxury Hotel.
The runners- up are Sandy Williams of Claremont for her pic- ture of the scenic Amalfi coast and Jaclyn Teubes of Constantia for her picture of the bushveld in the Kruger National Park.
Williams says the drive along the Italian south coast was really very special. “Around every corner this wonderful drive offered one scene just more beautiful than the next.”
It was Teubes’s first trip to the Kruger. “The sun had just come up when I spotted an eagle perched in the tree.
“As I got out my camera it took flight.” Competition rules: ● All photographs must relate to travel, and you may enter as many times as you like.
● All photographs must be sent as jpeg attachments and not embedded in MS Word documents.
● All photographs must be digital and high-resolution. No photographs taken on cellphones or photographs smaller than 700kb will be accepted.
● Photographers must supply their name and surname, as well as the suburb in which they live, with a phone number and 50 to 100 words describing how they came to take the picture they are submitting.
● Photographs received without full details and description, or the correct resolution, will not be considered for publication.
● Photographs must be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and marked “Photo competition”.
ALL DRESSED UP: Christmas trees are decorated in front of the Monte Carlo Casino in Monaco.
SUNSET SPECTACULAR: Peter Mulder went on a camel ride in the Thar Desert.