Show house board per­mit re­newals due

Weekend Argus (Saturday Edition) - - PROPERTY -

CAPE Town es­tate agents and auc­tion­eers are re­minded that they need to reg­is­ter in­di­vid­u­ally for per­mis­sion to use show house boards and di­rec­tional sig­nage to ad­ver­tise prop­er­ties on show, says An­nette Evans, re­gional man­ager of the In­sti­tute of Es­tate Agents of SA’s Western Cape branch.

An­nual reg­is­tra­tion takes place un­til July 31 for all agents and in­terns. It’s a new le­gal re­quire­ment for all those who trans­act with the City of Cape Town to pro­vide their busi­ness part­ner (BP) num­ber – which can be found on their rates ac­counts. If, how­ever, agents don’t have BP num­bers they can pro­vide a copy of their iden­tity doc­u­ment and the city will cre­ate a BP num­ber. In­terns need to sup­ply the city with the BP num­ber of their prin­ci­pal in or­der to get their per­mits.

Each agent re­ceives six per­mit stick­ers for the year on ap­proval of their ap­pli­ca­tion. Any boards found to have pho­to­copied or fake per­mit stick­ers on them will be re­moved. Agents are warned that the city can pros­e­cute any agent who uses fraud­u­lent stick­ers, says Evans. New regis­tra­tions cost R1 919 for the year and rereg­is­tra­tions cost R1 207.30. Ap­pli­ca­tions can be made at lo­cal mu­nic­i­pal­ity of­fices, and reg­is­tra­tion forms are avail­able at all mu­nic­i­pal of­fices. For elec­tronic copies, e-mail za or call 021 400 6611.

“Agents are ad­vised to take with them to the mu­nic­i­pal­ity of­fices, their cur­rent fi­delity fund cer­tifi­cate (FFC), proof of ID ( BP num­ber), proof of ad­dress, in hard copy form and elec­tron­i­cally, saved as in­di­vid­ual files onto a USB stick, to speed up the process,” says Evans.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from South Africa

© PressReader. All rights reserved.