Next property update to be held in Khayelitsha
ESTATE agents in the Western Cape region are invited and encouraged to attend an IEASA property update in Khayelitsha, together with an international delegation from National Association of Realtors (NAR).
This will be held on August 10 from 9.30am to 12.30pm at Lookout Hill, on the corner of Mew Way and Spine Road, Ilitha Park, Khayelitsha.
“Although the property update is free of charge, there is limited seating so agents are asked to book their space online as soon as possible. Noshows, however, will be invoiced at R150 each,” says Annette Evans, regional manager of IEASA, Western Cape.
The programme for the morning is a full one, and agents will glean much information from attending this session, says Evans. This will include: ● NAR president Tom Salomone and NAR immediate past president Chris Polychon on the importance of home ownership and US Fair Housing Laws.
● The Estate Agency Affairs Board – the one-learner programme and updates.
● Romeo Tsusi from the Cape Law Society – title deeds and the process to property ownership.
● Department of Human Settlements – Finance Linked Individual Subsidy Programme (FLISP), renting and buying – more about the assistance on offer to agents’ clients.
● Absa on credit scoring and mortgage advice to clients.
● Views from two agents working within emerging markets; franchises and an independent agency – comparing the benefits of a franchise to a self-run business.
● Book online at http:// goo. gl/ LRxxbI, view www. ieasa. org. za or email janine@ cape. ieasa. org. za or call 021 531 3180.