Now use your favourite cupcake recipe to make the cupcakes which will be the “ground” for your bunny.
The bunny cookie dough
1. Cream together 1 cup of butter and ½ cup of sugar using an electric beater and a large mixing bowl. Add half a can of condensed milk and mix well.
2. Sift 2.5 cups cake flour, 2t baking powder and a pinch of salt into the butter mixture and mix well.
3. Press the dough flat and cover with cling wrap. Refrigerate for half an hour.
4. Roll the dough out on a flour-sprinkled surface. Use a bunny-shaped cookie cutter to cut out the bunnies.
5. Heat the oven to 160°C and bake the cookies for about 10 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Icing (for the cookie)
1. Mix 250g sifted icing sugar with 1 large egg white, lightly beaten. The consistency should be like toothpaste. Spoon the icing into a plastic sandwich bag, knot the open end and cut a tiny hole in the other end. Squeeze the icing around the outer edge of the cookie and then fill in the inner part.
2. Colour the remainder of the icing with pink food colouring. Spoon into a sandwich bag and snip the tip off. Use this to make an eye for the bunny.
Green butter icing (for the grass)
1. Mix 250g of soft butter and 250ml sifted icing sugar until the mixture is light and white. Colour with green food colouring.
2. Colour 250ml desiccated coconut with green food colouring. Final touches: Ice the top of the cupcake with the butter icing and sprinkle coconut over. Press the bunny cookie into the cupcake to make it look as if the bunny is sitting in the grass.