• OBEROI HOTELS & RESORTS will officially sign a contract to manage The Oberoi Luxury Resort and Spa Skadar Lake Montenegro, at a conference in Dubai on November 1.
• INTERCONTINENTAL FUJAIRAH – the brand’s fifth UAE property – recently opened its doors. Classic Rooms Ocean View start from AED935, rising to AED1,062 for Deluxe Rooms and AED1,360 for Club InterContinental rooms.
• FOUR SEASONS has introduced a chat feature enabling guests to communicate before, during and after their stays.
• SAROVAR HOTELS has signed La Marvella Sarovar Premiere in Bengaluru. Previously La Marvella, the property will be taken over by November and will reopen as a Sarovar hotel. It is the hospitality group’s fifth hotel in the city.
• MELIA HOTELS INTERNATIONAL has announced two new hotels in Italy, the 79-room Gran Meliá Ca’ di Dio in Venice, opening late 2018 (pictured), and 171room INNSIDE Porta Maggiore Rome, opening 2019.
• IHG plans to roll Kimpton Hotels’ Karma Rewards programme into its IHG Rewards scheme from early next year.
• CANOPY BY HILTON WASHINGTON DC has opened, marking the lifestyle brand’s first property in the US and second globally (first opened in Reykjavik).
• INTERCONTINENTAL SINGAPORE ROBERTSON QUAY is among the new attractions on the waterfront of the Singapore River – five minutes from Singapore’s CBD and 25 minutes from
• ACCORHOTELS plans to revive the OrientExpress Hotel brand. The chain has acquired a 50 per cent stake in the share capital of Orient Express, until now fully-owned by SNCF, and plans to build on the association with the Orient Express train.