NO SCALPEL NECESSARY - THE LATEST BEAUTY TRENDS
With so many new and improved non-surgical treatments on offer, here are our experts’ predictions of what will be hot, and why, this year.
* WHAT: Platelet Rich Plasma Facial Rejuvenation (PRP or ‘Vampire Facial’)
* TARGET AREA: Anti-ageing for the face. * EXPERT DRMAURIZIO VIEL SAYS: Platelet Rich Plasma Facial Rejuvenation treatment uses the patient’s own blood (injected into the face) to give a natural boost to the skin – superior to other extreme facial treatments. The facial is popular with celebrities, and although not so new, it is increasing in demand all the time.
* INFO: Platelet Rich Plasma Facial Rejuvenation, Dh4,500, is available at LCAS in Dubai Healthcare City and ShuiQi Spa in the Atlantis Hotel, 04 375 2393, www.LCAS.ae
* WHAT: Ultherapy * TARGET AREA: Tissue tightening mainly on the face, but also used on other areas of the body. * EXPERT REBECCA TRESTON SAYS: Experts claim Ultherapy is most effective for tissue tightening. This is a non-surgical lunchtime procedure with absolutely no downtime, and which only needs to be repeated once every 18 months to three years. It is the only treatment worldwide to offer ultrasound imaging and deep penetration to the same level as surgical procedures. Results are instant, but tightening drastically improves over the next eight months, lasting up to three years.”
* INFO: Ultherapy is available at Rebecca Treston at Euromed Clinic, Dh16,000, Dubai, 04 394 5422, www.euromedclinicdubai.com
* WHAT: Laser Facial Tightening * TARGET AREA: Face and eye area. * EXPERT DR GEORGE LEFKOVITS SAYS: “Thermage [non-invasive radiofrequency therapy] is used for skin tightening and improvement of wrinkles, mostly, around the face and eyes. It acts by working underneath the surface of the skin, therefore leaving almost no redness or recovery time. It does not replace a face/neck lift but can lead to improvement of ageing if wrinkles and/or sagging are not severe.”
* INFO: Laser Facial Tightening is available at BodyWorx in Abu Dhabi 02 641 9961, www.bodyworx.ae * WHAT: HC ACCENT HD3D and HD Harmony
* TARGET AREA: Improving everything from wrinkles to cellulite.
* EXPERT DR RABBIA ASLAM SAYS: “HC Accent HD3D, better known at the Sweat X, will be revolutionary. This procedure effectively treats sweating and body odour. It is a quick, painless treatment with immediate improvement and lasting results.”
* INFO: HC Accent and HD Harmony is available at HC MedSpa in London, with two clinics opening in Dubai this summer. www.hcmedspa.com
* WHAT: TiteFX * TARGET AREA: Anti-ageing for the face. * EXPERT DRMAURIZIO VIEL
SAYS: “We are offering [TiteFX] facial treatments using radiofrequency energy that is effective at tightening the skin, and targets small areas of fat. On the face the radiofrequency energy has shown it is effective with skin resurfacing, fine lines and tightening, with the radiofrequency energy delivered via a matrix of fine needles.”
* INFO: TiteFX is available at LCAS in Dubai Healthcare City and ShuiQi Spa in the Atlantis Hotel, 04 375 2393, www.LCAS.ae