Friday - - Grooming -

Q I’m a 30-year-old woman and have been suf­fer­ing from skin is­sues all my life, from allergic eczema to rashes and con­tact der­mati­tis. Now, I’ve been di­ag­nosed with hives. What should I do? def­i­nitely sug­ges­tive of se­vere at­ro­phy, where due to his/her ge­netic pre­dis­po­si­tion, the suf­ferer be­comes highly prone to se­vere skin al­ler­gies.

Your present con­di­tion of hives is med­i­cally di­ag­nosed as ur­ticaria. If it lasts more than elim­i­nat­ing the al­ler­gen. In the case of chronic ur­ticaria, oral an­ti­his­tamines are the first line of treat­ment, fol­lowed by short cour­ses of oral cor­ti­cos­teroids in re­sis­tant cases. You can con­sult a skilled der­ma­tol­o­gist for a de­tailed di­ag­no­sis.

DR IKRAMULLAH AL NASIR is a lead­ing spe­cial­ist der­ma­tol­o­gist based in Dubai

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UAE

© PressReader. All rights reserved.