OUR TOP 10 DOG-FRIENDLY PLACES IN THE UAE
1) The Greens: This gated community has plenty of open spaces for dogs to run around and there’s a dog park, although it’s only for residents. Bert’s Café allows pooches in its al fresco seating.
2) Burj Park: This is one of the few dog-friendly places in Downtown Dubai.
3) Irish Village: This restaurant has been welcoming dogs for over 20 years, ‘as long as dogs are kept on a leash, only use our outdoor dining area and owners clean up after pets,’ says general manager Dave Cattanach.
4) My Second Home: A resort and pet spa that offers daycare services, grooming, indoor and outdoor pools and what they say is the world’s largest indoor dog park.
5) Al Qudra Lakes: Water to splash about in, sand to run around in and a lack of crowds (during weekends you might have to drive further in for a bit of solitude) – canine heaven.
6) Abu Dhabi Falcon Hospital: This hidden gem has a dog agility park with pet food company Royal Canin where you can teach your dogs tricks, exercise them and bond.
7) Cloud 9 Pet Hotel and Care: This facility in Abu Dhabi’s Khalifa City has indoor and outdoor parks for dogs. It offers veterinary services, grooming, daycare, training, a dog-friendly café and a pet chauffeur service within Abu Dhabi.
8) Al Hamra Village, Ras Al Khaimah: The open beaches here are one of the few beaches you can take dogs to in the UAE. Pets are also allowed at the open beaches on Yas Island.
9) JLT: Walkways around the three lakes and all of the clusters are great to walk your dog. But dogs aren’t allowed in the central park area. In Cluster Y, Arabic café Nofara’s outdoor patio is open to pets.
10) W Dubai, Al Habtoor City: Fine living with Fido isn’t a dream here. Guests can check in with their pets. There’s a one-time payment of Dh500 plus Dh150 every day of the stay for cleaning. Restaurants have a no-pets policy.