General Knowledge Quiz
1. What is the Latin name for Switzerland?
A Helvetia B Octavian C Grapius D Aurelius
2. Which Welsh poet wrote the radio play Under Milk Wood?
A TS Eliot B Dylan Thomas C WH Auden D Donald Davie
3. Which popular tidy characters were created by Elisabeth Beresford?
A The Wombles B The Tweenies C The Teletubbies D The Wurzels
4. In which county is Dartmoor?
A Devon B Derbyshire C Yorkshire D Cornwall
5. Which Coronation Street character was played by Elizabeth Dawn?
A Vera Duckworth B Bet Lynch C Mavis Duckworth D Rita Fairclough
6. Which 19th Century Gothic writer is played by Elle Fanning in a new period-drama film?
A Mary Shelley B Emily Brontë C Charlotte Brontë D George Eliot
7. Which Italian modern art movement was initiated by Marinetti?
A Tachisme B Pop Art C Futurism D Naïve Art
8. How long approximately is Route 66?
A 600 miles B 4 500 miles C 6 600 miles D 2 200 miles
9. Which cricket team beat Pakistan, effectively knocking them out of the 2007 ICC World Cup?
A Ireland B Bangladesh C Holland D Scotland
10. What style of music is musician Herb Alpert famous in?
A Jazz B Country C Rock D Classical
11. Who scored England’s first goal of the 1998 World Cup Finals?
A Alan Shearer B Michael Owen C Teddy Sheringham D Andy Cole
12. The peso is the national currency of which country?
A Spain B Portugal C Peru D Bolivia
13. Who played Sgt. Harriet Makepeace in Dempsey and Makepeace?
A Glynis Thomas B Glynis Barber C Glynis Eunace D Glynis Phillips
14. What sort of creature is a gerenuk?
A An antelope B A frog C A cat D A snake
15. Who was king of Great Britain and Ireland when the American colonies were lost?
A Charles II B George II C George III D William IV
Elle Fanning See Question 6.