Road closures affecting Monklands in the coming weeks are as follows:
– AIRDRIE, Gartlea Rd at the junction with Broomfield St. Gas work will commence on Monday and is scheduled to last until October 10.
– AIRDRIE, the work currently being carried out on Graham Street is scheduled to end next Wednesday, October 4.
– CHAPELHALL CROSS, revised designs for changes to this junction have been produced by North Lanarkshire Council as part of long-term improvement work at the location.
The work, which started yesterday and is scheduled to last eight weeks, involves demolishing a wall, widening the footway and rebuilding the wall in a new position.
In addition, directional road signs have been replaced to make it clear that Woodhall Street and Lauchope Street are local roads and to encourage heavy traffic to use the A73.
The junction will remain open to traffic during the work and temporary traffic lights are in place to ensure the safety of the workforce.
– NEWHOUSE, Linrigg Road will be closed to traffic from Monday until next Friday, October 6, for drainage works.
– COATBRIDGE, Deveron Street is closing for five days next month.
This is to allow Maclay Civil Engineering carriageway to carry out resurfacing work and the closure will be in operation from 9am on Saturday, October 14, until midnight on Thursday, October 19, when signposted.
– COATBRIDGE, Gartgill Road will be closed to traffic for five days next month for carriageway resurfacing work being carried out by Amey Public Services.
The road will be shut between its junction with Gartsherrie Road and Wilson Street from 9.30am on Monday, until midnight next Saturday, October 7, when signposted.
Alternative routes will be in operation for vehicles throughout.
– COATBRIDGE, a five-day closure will affect Dunbeth Road next month, with carriageway resurfacing work being carried out.
The Maclay Civil Engineering project will result in the road’s junction with Muiryhall Street and a point 40m north of the McDonald’s roundabout shutting between 9am on Saturday, October 14 and midnight on Thursday, October 19.
– COATBRIDGE, Openreach will commence this coming Monday until October 10 at Glasgow Road, between Oaskridge Road and Greenpark Court.
– CARNBROE, Calderview Avenue junction with Selkirk Way will be closed to traffic for two days from Monday.
– GLENBOIG, BT are conducting maintenance work on Mollinsburn Road in the village this week.
Alternative routes are in place throughout the operation, which is scheduled to be complete by Saturday.
– GLENBOIG, Gainside Road is closed to traffic until next week.
SGN are completing gas mains replacement works on the bus-turning loop road up to the B804 Glenboig Road.
Pedestrian access is still available and diversions are in place until the scheduled completion of the work at midnight on Monday.
– GLENBOIG, draining and footway patching works will see B804 Main Street closed at the rail bridge for 10 hours this Sunday.
Amey Public Services’work will run from 8am to 6pm from the junction with Glenboig New Road to a point 80m north-west, with alternative routes available.