London Gatwick Airport (LGW)
• Check-in level 2 houses three check-in counter blocks with Zones A, B/C, D/E, including baggage drops, with adjacent self-service machines in the center. The check-in area offers easyJet ticket desk, banking facilities, customer services, special assistance point, oversized baggage, baggage wrapping & shipping; ticket desk. Outside, to the right is access to the train station.
• The lower level of the Departure lounge houses airline information, internet zone, charging station, cur rency exchange, lounges (No. 1, Aspire, Emirates, My Lounge), many shops & restaurants, and securitycheck. It also offers access to gates 557-574 and to gates 45-55 & 101-113 on opposite ends.
• The upper level of the Depature Lounge houses a number of shops & restaurants.
The Ground level of NT is the domestic & international Arrivals level and houses Information, BA Sky flyers, and Meeting points; currency exchange, rental car counters, Emirates Limo services, special assistance help point and taxis. A staircase leads to shutle and South Terminal.
• Pier 5 – now extended over two levels – is able to handle 7 large and 12 smaller aircraft, up to 30 flights & over 4,000 passengers a day. Passengers can walk from the departure lounge along a new corridor and take escalator/ elevator directly to their boarding gate.
• Pier 6 is currently used by British Airways, First Choice, Emirates, Etihad, GB Airways & Astraeus. Its air passenger bridge provides access to 11 aircraft stands.
The South Terminal (ST) of Gatwick Airport includes the following areas: Check-in, ‘The Village’, International Departure Lounge, International Arrivals, & outside check-in.
• Pier 1 (Concourse 1) is to offer the latest technology for aircraft stands, gate rooms, lounge facilities and baggage storage for 2,600 bags.
• Check-in level 2 of ST with six check-in counter blocks for Zones A, C&D, E&G, F, H&J; & K: For Zone B, take the stairs or elevator down (next to Security checkpoint). The check-in area offers an Information /premium valet point, banking services, self-service check-in machines, tickets, oversized baggage, baggage repack & weigh zone, special assistance, Airport concierge, internet zone & printing station, Customs, hotel reservation, as well as a few restaurants & shops. Outside of the check-in area is access to: (a) long- & short-stay carparks, rental cars, coach station, taxis & Hilton Hotel, (b) lift to platforms; (c) exit from train station; (d) to Gatwick Train station & to North Terminal shuttle, short-term carparks, rental cars, bus station, taxi stands and the Hilton Hotel.
• Departure Level 3 of ST is reached after check-in and houses Assistance & family care, currency exchanges, chapel & prayer room, hotel, eleator, Bloc Hotel reception, charging points, internet zone & printing station, and some shops & restaurants – with a premium lane and access to security check.
• The lower level of ST’s Departure Lounge offers many shops & restaurants, currency exchanges, Airline inormation, VAT refund office, & shower facilities – with accessto gatess 1 – 5.
• The upper level of ST’s Departure lounge offers shops & restaurants, airline lounge, internet facility, kids zone and a special assistance lounge.