London Heathrow Airport (LHR)
Getting Around at LHR
Transfer time connecting between two international flights – from landing at Heathrow, taking a transfer bus, going through hand baggage check, security check, airline check-in desk -until arriving at the departure lounge – the average transfer time from terminal to terminal is as follows:
• Terminal 2 – transfer within T2 is 1 hr; transfer to T3 is 90 mins.
• Terminal 3 – transfer within T3 is 60 mins; to T1 75 mins; to T4 90 min.; to T5 120 mins.
• Terminal 4 – transfer within T4 is 45 mins; to T3 90 mins; to T5 120 mins.
• Terminal 5 – transfer within T5 is 45 mins; to either T3 or T4 – 120 mins.
• Mobility Equipment: If you require a wheelchair for your journey but would not like an agent to push you, you are welcome to use any of our purple Staxi chairs. Just pick up one up free of charge from one of Special Assistance host areas.
• If traveling with your own equipment, please present yourself to check-in on arrival so that your equipment is tagged with luggage labels. Then proceed to the Special Assistance desk so that your equipment can be checked for aircraft compatibility. Finally, continue your journey through security and to the departures lounge/gate. Your equipment will be placed on board the aircraft after you have boarded.
• Toilets are provided throughout Heathrow, in arrivals and departures, before and after security. Most include a unisex, wheelchair-accessible toilet. Occasionally the accessible toilet is located inside the men’s and ladies’ toilets.
• Changing Places will have additional equipment and space to use the toilets safely and comfortably. They can be found in the following locations:
• Terminal 2: After security – arrivals level, opposite Gate 18
• Terminal 3: After security – departures level, opposite Gate 7
• Terminal 4: Arrivals – opposite London Underground escalators
• Terminal 5: After security – departures level, Special Assistance Lounge – Lichfield Suite, opposite Gate