Q& A and quiz
Try your hand at this month’s history quiz
1. What was unusual about Guinefort, an inhabitant of the diocese of Lyon who was venerated as a saint by the local population following his death in the 13th century?
2. How w did Emily Roebling help p finish what her hu usband and father- inla aw had started?
3.3 On 16 March 1935 MrM R Beere ( left) took thet first one and passed.p What was it?
4. HHow did Peter Mews, bishoop of Winchester, help win the battle of Sedgemoor?
5. Upon which king did English anatomist Douglas Derry conduct an autopsy in November 1925?
6. What links the picture below to St Faith’s Church in Bacton, Herefordshire?
QUIZ ANSWERS 1. He was a dog. 2. Between 1872 and 1883 she oversaw the construction of Brooklyn Bridge after the illness of her husband, Washington. He himself had taken over the project following the accidental death of his father, John. 3. The UK Driving Test. 4. He used the horses from his carriage to pull the royalist guns into position. 5. Tutankhamun. 6. An altar cloth in the church is believed to have been made from the dress worn by Elizabeth in this picture.