The Full Score
The latest classical music news: anger as the Musicians’ Church bans concerts; Dudamel does a U-turn; Radio 3 names new talent; encores
Situated opposite the Old Bailey, St Sepulchre’s is one of the churches whose bells are celebrated in the song ‘Oranges and Lemons’. It is where a young Henry Wood learned to play the organ and, when he died in 1944, his ashes were interred here. Sir Henry also features in a window dedicated to St Cecilia, patron saint of music. The north side of the church features further music-related windows, and is known as ‘The Musicians’ Chapel’.