We love pets
ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR FURRY FRIENDS
WATCH OUT ON WALKIES!
As the season changes, making the most of the great outdoors is fun for you and your dog! But there are a few things you should be aware of... Some autumnal plants could be poisonous to your four-legged friend, and make them very sick if eaten. In severe cases, they could even prove fatal. Signs to spot include vomiting, diarrhoea and breathing issues.
If you think your dog has eaten something poisonous, go to a vet straight away – the quicker you act, the quicker you can get vital treatment.
To help you be plant savvy this autumn, PDSA vet Rebecca Ashman shares her advice on what to watch out for...
These are very toxic if eaten by all pets, as their tannic acid affects the liver and kidneys. Unripe, green acorns are even more harmful.
Every part of this tree is deadly to pets, and even eating a few leaves can be serious. They are often found in churchyards, so keep your eyes peeled.
HORSE CHESTNUT TREES
The bark, leaves, flowers and conkers of this tree are all poisonous to pets.
These have pale mauve, pink or white flowers in the autumn, and all parts of the plant are particularly toxic.