ORANGE, HAZELNUT AND CARAMEL LOAF
INGREDIENTS (Serves 8)
2tbsp hazelnut butter (peanut or almond butter will also work fine); 125ml (plus 1½tbsp) maple syrup; ½tsp Dr. Oetker caramel flavour; 150ml coconut cream (chilled in the fridge); 180ml hazelnut milk; 2 oranges; 1½tsp cider vinegar; 75g (2.5oz) blanched roasted hazelnuts; 150g (5oz) plain flour; 1tsp (5g, 1 sachet)Dr. Oetker baking powder; 1tsp (7g, 1 sachet) Dr. Oetker bicarbonate of soda; 60ml sunflower oil, plus extra to grease
1. For the caramel drizzle: mix the hazelnut butter, 1½ tbsp of the maple syrup and the caramel extract until combined then whisk in the coconut cream until smooth. Set aside in the fridge.
2. For the cake: Pre-heat the oven to 180°C, 160°C fan, gas 4. Grease a 450g loaf tin and line with baking parchment. other one into thin strips and reserve for decoration.
4. Blend 60g of the hazelnuts in the food processor until finely ground. In a bowl mix them with the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda.
5. Mix in the oil and fine orange zest with the hazelnut milk until smooth, add the maple syrup, then pour into the bowl with the dry ingredients, folding together gently using a balloon whisk until just combined.
6. Pour into the tin and bake for 30-35 mins or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Once cool enough to handle turn out on a wire rack to cool completely.
7. Drizzle over a little of the caramel topping (serve the rest on the side), chop the remaining hazelnuts and sprinkle over the cake along with the zest strips.
the zest off the 3. In a jug add the hazelnut milk to the vinegar and set aside for 10 mins. Finely grate the zest of one of the oranges, slice