General Knowledge Quiz
1. Who painted the Mona Lisa?
A Leonardo Da Vinci B Claude Monet C Pablo Picasso D Vincent Van Gogh
2. Which song has been a hit for Buddy Holly; Showaddywaddy and Nick Berry?
A Great Balls of Fire B Heartbeat C Unchained Melody D Blue Moon
3. What is the name of the pub that soon becomes infested with zombies in Shaun of the Dead?
A The Red Lion B The Black Swan C The Dorchester D The Winchester
4. What sort of creature is an onager?
A A fish
B An insect C A wild ass D A dog
5. To which modern mammal is the mammoth related?
A Elephant B Zebra C Hippopotamus D Walrus
6. Alice Levine and Maya Jama are the hosts of which new social media-based reality series on Channel 4?
A The Ring B The Circle C The Square D The Triangle
7. What sort of flowers could be classified as hybrid teas or floribundas?
A Hyacinths B Roses C Lilies D Marigolds
8. Which river joins the Tigris in Iraq to form the Shatt al-Arab?
A Sakarya B Suez C Surgato D Euphrates
9. Which Italian-born US gangster was imprisoned for tax evasion in 1931?
A Al Capone B Don Corleone C Joe DiMaggio D Al Pacino
10. Which long-running show has been presented by the late Magnus Magnusson, and John Humphrys?
A Mastermind B Crossroads C The Sky at Night D Gamesmaster
11. Who starred as James Kavanagh QC on TV?
A John Frost B John Snow C John Thaw D John Dew
12. Which pop group had a hit single with Suicide Blonde?
A REM B INXS C Blondie D Oasis
13. Who hosted the satirical quiz show Have I Got News For You? from 1990-2002?
A Paul Merton B Angus Deayton C Ian Hislop D Clive Anderson
14. What genre of short horror play is named after a Paris theatre at which such plays were first performed?
A Grand Noir B Grand Horreur C Grand Guignol D Rouge-Noir
15. Whom did George I succeed as monarch?
A William III B Charles II C Queen Anne D James II
Maya Jama See Question 6.