‘Bully’ who punched his ex in face is jailed
A “BULLY” who punched his former partner in the face has been jailed for 14 months.
Father-of-two Mark Anderson pleaded guilty to assaulting Cari Wyn Evans after leaving her bloodied and bruised.
The attack meant the 41-yearold had breached a 32-week suspended prison sentence for beating his ex with a rolling pin in December last year.
Anderson, of Derwen, Pen-yBryn, Blaenau Ffestiniog, appeared for sentence by video link from prison after the assault on the 28-year-old in the town on October 14.
Brett Williamson, prosecuting, said the two had been in a relationship for four years before separating.
Miss Evans was living with her sister. On the day of the latest attack Anderson had called his ex to meet him.
When they met, he “came at her quickly and aggressively” and she tried to run away.
Mr Williamson said Anderson had “pushed her against a lamp post”.
He had “punched her and slapped her to the face”.
Miss Evans ran off to her sister’s house and Anderson followed.
When police arrived, Miss Evans was “covered in blood”. She was treated at hospital for a suspected broken nose and fractured cheek and suffered two black eyes.
Mr Williamson said: “He was arrested later that evening and found to have her blood on his clothes.”
Caernarfon Crown Court heard Anderson had numerous convictions for assaults, including the attack with the rolling pin.
Simon Killeen, defending, said he was a self-employed stonemason who wanted to be a good father to their two young children and had not been to prison despite his previous violence.
Sentencing Anderson, Judge Huw Rees said as well as punching and slapping his former partner, Anderson had “degraded her in public”.
Handing Anderson a fiveyear restraining order to keep away from Miss Evans, the judge added: “You continued to act as a bully to this woman and you let yourself down.
“This was a sustained assault and you targeted a vulnerable victim in the street.” ENHANCED security measures that caused thousands of rugby fans to miss the kick-off for the Australia match are here to stay, said a defiant Welsh Rugby Union.
Rugby fans missed kick-off for the opening autumn international because of huge queues to get into the Principality Stadium on Saturday.
Supporters were left standing in the rain outside several gates as a result of enhanced security checks because of the unprecedented terror threat in the UK.
Stadium chiefs had warned fans to get to the stadium early, with every supporter due to be searched for the first time ever. A warning was also issued stating large bags and umbrellas would not be allowed into the ground.
TV pictures inside the Principality showed scores of empty seats as the players emerged from the tunnel. A crowd of more than 66,000 was due at the match that saw Wales lose 29-21.
The WRU said after the match: “Enhanced security measures ensure everybody entering Principality Stadium is checked on arrival at the turnstiles. For the Under Armour Series we have doubled the pre-game opening hours to three hours to give fans the opportunity to avoid the queues and we have made every effort to communicate to supporters to plan to arrive early and leave large bags and large umbrellas at home to avoid missing kick-off.
“We received great support from all of our partners, including the media, South Wales Police and Cardiff council, getting this message out in the build-up.
“The safety and enjoyment of our visitors is of paramount importance.
“It is important to stress that these security measures are here to stay and we don’t want anyone to miss kick-off. We will continue to urge supporters to allow more time for getting in.”
● Mark Anderson, 41, left his ex with a suspected fractured cheek