Bingo win­ner

Now it’s time for hol­i­days and treats all round!

Chat - - Come On In! - Sue Duffy, 56, South Shields

It was sum­mer last year and my daugh­ter, 30, sat me down. ‘Mum, I’ve got some­thing to tell you,’ she smiled. ‘I’m preg­nant!’ My hubby Duane, 56, and I were over the moon. ‘That’s won­der­ful!’ I cried. We’d only re­cently be­come grand­par­ents af­ter our son, 32, and his part­ner had a son, now we’d have an­other grand­child!

Af­ter cel­e­brat­ing, Duane and I put our feet up.

I de­cided to re­lax and play a few games of bingo.

A friend had rec­om­mended Chat Mag Bingo years ear­lier.

My favourites were the link bingo games.

Played across a num­ber of rooms, there are more chances to win.

Re­cently, as I was off work, I de­cided to en­joy a few games.

So I sat at our house com­puter.

A link game was com­ing up – my favourite.

Be­fore that, I played a game of 90-ball Be­jew­eled Bingo and bought six tick­ets for 25p each. Then I sat back to en­joy it… More and more numbers got marked off my cards and I had two lines – win­ning nearly £9. Then I saw my last num­ber! I’d got a Full House! I thought I’d won a jack­pot of about £30 – plus the £9 that I’d won on the two lines.

Only, that wasn’t the amount on my screen. It said £123,849! My bingo friends in the cha­t­rooms went wild.

Con­grat­u­la­tions! wrote one. What a win! said an­other.

Then it clicked – I’d won the pro­gres­sive jack­pot, you win it when you get the Full House within 38 or less ball calls.

My hands were shak­ing in ex­cite­ment. It felt un­real.

Trem­bling, I called Duane at work – but he was on a course and so didn’t an­swer.

Then I phoned my daugh­ter – no an­swer. My son was at work, too. I had to tell some­one! So I rab­bited away to our Labradoo­dle – and he be­came the first to

know about my whop­per win!

It still hadn’t sunk in when my daugh­ter called me back.

‘I’ve won over £100,000 on the bingo!’ I gasped. She didn’t be­lieve me at first. ‘I’ll be right over!’ she said. Nearly nine months preg­nant, she was on ma­ter­nity leave.

As she was on her way, Duane called hav­ing seen the missed calls from me… ‘What’s wrong!?’ he cried. I blurted it out, and I don’t think he be­lieved me, un­til he saw it for him­self later on.

I texted my son, too, and he made his way over.

It didn’t re­ally sink in un­til my daugh­ter ar­rived and con­firmed that I wasn’t see­ing things.. Chat Mag Bingo told me my win­nings would be in my bank the very next day! ‘Still can’t be­lieve it!’ I cried. Soon Duane and my son ar­rived and we all jumped for joy, star­ing at the mas­sive jack­pot I’d won. It was a huge amount, so I thought very care­fully about how to spend it. I gave my son and daugh­ter a lump sum. ‘It’s up to you how you de­cide to spend it,’ I smiled. Just a few weeks later, and we were cel­e­brat­ing all over again, when our gor­geous grand­daugh­ter was born. Then I booked a hol­i­day for Duane’s birthday. We’ve just re­turned from a lovely break in Lan­zarote. The rest of the win­nings are still in the bank, ready to spoil the grand­kids when­ever we fancy. So thanks a mil­lion Chat Mag Bingo! It’s fair to say I’m one very happy Grandma!

Lovely Lan­zarote What a won­der­ful time we had on our re­cent hol­i­day

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.