My £1,000 win w with a 10p ticket! !

Now N I can’t wait to go hol­i­day h shop­ping af­ter los­ing l al­most 5st!

Chat - - Heartbreaking - By BJ Josephinehi Howarth, 56, from Not­ting­ham

Since Christ­mas last year, I’ve had one aim – to lose weight.

At 17st 5lb, I was feeling chubby and wanted to shed some pounds.

I cut out all the un­healthy foods I of­ten scoffed and soon I was on a healthy diet. The weight fell off me. I’d dis­cov­ered other ways to in­dulge, which didn’t in­volve choco­late.

One thing I did con­tinue to do was play bingo!

I’ve al­ways loved bingo, both on­line and at the hall.

Chat Mag Bingo is great fun, re­ally friendly and there are some su­per bingo and slot games to play from just 1p. My favourite room is Tiki. On 15 July this year, my hus­band Len, 68, and I were chill­ing in the liv­ing room.

It was a Satur­day night and we were catch­ing up on our favourite pro­grammes.

The great thing about Chat Mag Bingo is you can set your­self a bud­get as to how much you want to spend each day and even how long you want to play for.

On that night, I de­cided to just buy one 10p ticket for the next 90-ball bingo game in Tiki.

I watched as the num­bers popped out. Oh my God! My num­bers! One by one, I couldn’t be­lieve it as they were all dabbed off.

As I jumped off the sofa, Len wondered what was go­ing on.

‘Have you knocked some­thing over, love?’ he asked, look­ing con­cerned.

The game was over in sec­onds and I’d won £1,000!

Len was over the moon. ‘What are we go­ing to do with the money?’ he said, ex­cit­edly.

We’d al­ready booked a hol­i­day to Florida for Septem­ber.

And we’d saved all of our spend­ing money for that.

We like to go away in May for our an­niver­sary, too, so we de­cided to save it for a trip in 2018.

To Mex­ico! Our favourite place.

We’ve been to Cancún and Riviera Maya be­fore. Swim­ming with tur­tles,

re­lax­ing by the pool and snorkelling – it’s per­fect. I work as a courier and its long hours, so it’s great to get away for a week or two. ‘I might need to use some win­nings be­fore­hand,’ I told Len. When he asked why, I told him I needed some new hol­i­day clothes. Since Christ­mas last year, I have lost 5st! I’m now 12st 5lb and I couldn’t be hap­pier. I’m ex­cited about brows­ing for new clothes and feeling proud of my body. I don’t need to cover up on the beach, so I’m go­ing to splash out on loads of biki­nis! We had a won­der­ful time in Florida and now we are count­ing down the days un­til Mex­ico. This year has been phe­nom­e­nal – amaz­ing hol­i­days, £1,000 on Chat Mag Bingo and los­ing all this weight. It’s been bril­liant.

The game was over in sec­onds and I’d won £1,000!

My jack­pot Mex­ico, here we come!

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.