Your hol­i­day: Seat­tle

Visit the Space Nee­dle, Pike Place Mar­ket – and so much more!

Chat - - Content -

1 En­joy the view The Space Nee­dle soars 605ft in the air. Tak­ing just 45 sec­onds to reach the top and at $22 (£15) for a stan­dard adult ticket, it’s a great way to get an over­view of the city. 2 See some­thing fishy Pike Place Mar­ket is the old­est, con­tin­u­ously op­er­at­ing farm­ers’ mar­ket in the coun­try. Check out the group of fish­mon­gers who’ve made a name for them­selves with fish-throw­ing en­ter­tain­ment! And have a go your­self, if you’re brave enough! 3 Check out the cof­fee Seat­tle has the most cof­fee shops of any city, and is home to the first-ever Star­bucks. Based in Pike Place Mar­ket, the store has kept its early ap­pear­ance over time, with its orig­i­nal mer­maid logo on the win­dow. 4 Whale watch See or­cas, hump­backs, and all the ma­jes­tic wildlife around the San Juan Is­lands on the Puget Sound Ex­press tour out of Ed­monds – just a lit­tle north of Seat­tle. Don’t for­get your cam­era! 5 Try the hip hops Fre­quently as­so­ciates with good cof­fee, Seat­tle is be­com­ing al­most as well known for brew­ing qual­ity beers. The team at Road Dog Brew­ery love their ale and their pas­sion shines through on its tours. Get ready to try some of the strangest (yet sur­pris­ingly yummy) beer con­coc­tions, in­clud­ing birth­day cake flavour… 6 Spot the troll The fear­some Fre­mont Troll took up res­i­dence un­der the north end of the city’s Aurora Bridge in Hal­loween 1990. Sculpted by house builder Steve Badanes – who’d never made a statue be­fore – there are plenty of places for you to pose, and in­ter­ac­tion with the troll is pos­i­tively en­cour­aged!

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.