THE BIG QUIZ

Chat - - Chat -

The an­swers to all these gen­eral knowl­edge ques­tions – ex­cept one – are in the grid in var­i­ous

di­rec­tions. to be this week’s Chat big quiz cham­pion, work out which an­swer is miss­ing. this is your prize an­swer. an­swers are in al­pha­bet­i­cal or­der in each sec­tion.

The Sil­ver Screen – co-star

1 Tom Hanks co-starred with which Bri­tish ac­tress in the movie Sav­ing Mr Banks – he as Walt Dis­ney, she as Mary Pop­pins creator PL Travers? (4, 8) 2 Tom Hanks co-starred with which Amer­i­can ac­tress in the rom-coms Joe Ver­sus the Vol­cano, Sleep­less In Seattle and You’ve Got Mail? (3, 4) 3 Which Amer­i­can ac­tress, who starred in Mamma Mia! – the mu­si­cal movie based on Abba’s songs – co-starred with Tom Hanks in the re­cent movie The Post? (5, 6)

Where in The World? coast

4 The Amer­i­can state of Alaska has a coast on two oceans – one ocean is the Pa­cific, what is the other? (6) 5 The name of which Cen­tral Amer­i­can coun­try, bor­der­ing Nicaragua to the north and Panama to the south, trans­lates as ‘rich coast’? (5, 4) 6 The western coast of Australia is washed by the wa­ters of which ocean? (6) coat 7 Which outer gar­ment is made from thick, woollen ma­te­rial, has tog­gle fas­ten­ing and a hood, and is worn by Jonathan Creek and Padding­ton Bear? (6, 4) 8 What’s the name given to the wa­ter­proof coat cre­ated by, and named af­ter, its Scot­tish in­ven­tor and orig­i­nally made from rub­ber or rub­berised ma­te­rial? (10) 9 What’s the usual name given to a din­ner jacket in Amer­ica? (6)

cook

10 What’s the sur­name of celeb chef Ains­ley ..., who pre­sented TV’S Ready, Steady, Cook and

Can’t Cook, Won’t Cook? (8) 11 What’s the ti­tle of the am­a­teur chef’s TV com­pe­ti­tion pre­sented by Gregg Wal­lace and John Torode, and which also has ver­sions for pro­fes­sion­als, celebri­ties and ju­niors? (10) 12 Who’s the food writer and TV cook Nigel ..., who re­cently pre­sented a se­ries about the food and cooking of the Mid­dle East? (6)

con­sta­ble

13 Which BBC se­ries has starred Ben Miller, Kris Mar­shall and cur­rently Ardal O’han­lon as the De­tec­tive In­spec­tor of Caribbean is­land Saint-marie? (5, 2, 8) 14 Which ac­tor played for­mer De­tec­tive Sergeant Gerry Stand­ing in the TV se­ries New Tricks, and was the last of the orig­i­nal cast to leave the show? (6, 8) 15 What’s the ti­tle of the pe­riod po­lice se­ries in which Shaun Evans plays DC Morse, and whose ti­tle is Morse’s first name? (9)

3. Breaking news! She’s in The Post with Mr Hanks…

4. Which oceans lap the shores of Alaska?

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.