Cynon Valley - - FOOTBALL -

LL­WYD­COED re­turned to the Cynon Val­ley with a valu­able point after an eight-goal thriller, res­cu­ing a draw with a last-minute goal by 17-year-old Liam Price who scored a hat-trick.

Price opened the scor­ing in the first minute of the match.

Ll­wyd­coed man­age­ment team Lee Wil­liams and Leighton Price re­called Scott Wal­ters and Jay Wood­ford to the start­ing line-up.

The match be­gan with Ll­wyd­coed’s mid­field of Chris Stonelake, Oliver Roberts, Jay Wood­ford and Ricky Carter link­ing up the play, su­perbly break­ing open the Sports mid­field de­fence and Liam Price scored in the open­ing min­utes.

More in­ven­tive play by Mor­gan An­drews, Wood­ford, Carter and Roberts saw Price score his sec­ond.

The Sports then be­gan to show their at­tack­ing prow­ess through Josh Gra­ham and Lamin Con­teh test­ing the Ll­wyd­coed de­fend­ers Liam Jones, Gabriel Wil­liams, Adam But­ler and Scott Wal­ters who cleared the dan­ger.

After a spell of pres­sure by the Sports their first re­ally good chance saw the ball crash against the cross­bar.

Both teams be­gan to cre­ate chances and the Sports re­duced the score­line. Cur­tis Scotto took full ad­van­tage of Ll­wyd­coed los­ing pos­ses­sion and scored.

The Sports mid­field of Dale Gar­diner and Chris Wors­ley put more pres­sure on Ll­wyd­coed’s de­fence re­sult­ing in a foul and a penalty for Sports scored by Cur­tis Scotto. The Sports had drawn level and fin­ished the first half stronger than Ll­wyd­coed who had to with­draw Gabriel Wil­liams through in­jury, Luke Davies step­ping in.

Ll­wyd­coed were forced into an­other change at the start of the sec­ond half. Oliver Roberts (ill­ness) was re­placed by Leon Bansal.

The sec­ond half started with Ll­wyd­coed be­gin­ning slowly to con­trol the pos­ses­sion. The Sports play­ers were not find­ing the space like they did at the end of the first half al­though the warn­ings were there. The vis­i­tors be­gan to gain good pos­ses­sion through Chris Stonelake, Scott Wal­ters, Jay Wood­ford and Mor­gan An­drews and his sub­lime pass to Ricky Carter saw him score with a top fin­ish.

So the Ll­wyd­coed play­ers had re­gained their be­lief. The in­tro­duc­tion of their third sub­sti­tute Jonathan Ma­son gave them an­other at­tack­ing op­tion. Chances came and went but the Sports were not fin­ished, they took full ad­van­tage of win­ning pos­ses­sion from Ll­wyd­coed’s mid­field whose goal­keeper Andy Har­g­reaves made a point blank save and Adam But­ler cleared bravely as the ball was about to reach a Sports player but cru­elly as the ball fell to the edge of the penalty area Cur­tis Scotto shot through both sets of play­ers to score and equalise.

More good play by Ll­wyd­coed’s Liam Price saw Ricky Carter break open the Sports de­fence but his shot just missed the tar­get, the Sports re­sponded and they were al­lowed too much room in Ll­wyd­coed’s mid­field win­ning a free kick taken by Cur­tis Scotto his shot tak­ing a hor­ri­ble de­flec­tion to score.

So after be­ing 0-2 up and 2-3 up Ll­wyd­coed were now 4-3 down with min­utes re­main­ing. They kept be­liev­ing in them­selves with Scott Wal­ters link­ing up the play with Jay Wood­ford, Jonathan Ma­son, and Liam Price scored with a qual­ity fin­ish to equalise. A de­served equaliser bring­ing to an end of a pul­sat­ing foot­ball match.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.