TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF TRIVIA AND CURRENT EVENTS
1. Who has been appointed Defence Secretary following the resignation of Sir Michael Fallon, pictured right?
2. What term was named Collins’ Word of the Year 2017?
3. Which singing superstar will star as Nala in Disney’s The Lion King?
4. How much is fraud believed to be costing the NHS a year, according to official figures? a) £1bn b) £1.25bn c) £1.5bn
5. Which singer has recorded Fields Of Gold, one of Sir Terry Wogan’s favourite songs, as BBC Children in Need’s official single for 2017?
6. Name the Eurovision Song Contest winner who has joined the new series of Dancing On Ice?
7. Which singer was named the richest British celebrity under the age of 30 by Hello! magazine.
8. Name the actor who has accused Kevin Spacey of making sexual advances towards him?
9. Which TV programme eclipsed Strictly Come Dancing in last weekend’s ratings?
10. The Bank of England has raised interest rates for the first time in how many years?
11. Why is prominent Brexit campaigner and former Ukip donor Arron Banks back in the news?
12. What animal sparked an alert after escaping from Borth Wild Animal Kingdom in Ceredigion?
13. Which former prime minister revealed he feared he would lose his sight completely while in office?
14. An effigy of who will be burned at the annual Edenbridge bonfire celebration?