Pink burgers a poison risk
PEOPLE getting out the barbecue this weekend risk food poisoning because they believe burgers can safely be left pink in the middle.
A Food Standards Agency survey found over a third would happily eat a burger that is not fully cooked through. One in 10 even say they prefer them that way.
But Steve Wearne, of the FSA, warned: “It’s important that people realise burgers are not like steak.
“Bacteria from the surface of the raw meat gets mixed all the way through a burger, no matter how good quality.”