Sick Brit hiker and pal dead in Cambodia
A BRITISH backpacker and her friend have died while touring Cambodia.
Natalie Seymour, 22, and Canadian Abbey Amisola, 27, are believed to have taken over-the-counter medicine after falling ill with food poisoning.
Natalie’s mum Wendy Bowler, 60, said: “My daughter told me she might get something to make her feel better. They decided to sleep it off but never woke up.”
The pair, found unconscious in bed by staff at a hostel in Kampot, were taken to hospital but could not be resuscitated.
Wendy, from Shefford, Beds, said yesterday: “They were doing all these sightseeing things. She loved all that sort of stuff.”
Forensic examinations are being carried out.
TRAGIC Natalie loved travel