Oh, crumbs!

Daily Record - - NEWS - BEN MITCHELL re­porters@dai­lyrecord.co.uk

A HUN­GRY puppy had to be res­cued by a fire­fighter when he got his head stuck while try­ing to snaf­fle crumbs from a bis­cuit jar. Buddy, a pug and Chi­huahua cross-breed – known as a chug – paid the price for his sneaky snack­ing when he couldn’t get back out again. His owner used a lit­tle wash­ing-up liq­uid to try to ease the stricken mutt out but he wouldn’t budge. In­stead, Hamp­shire Fire and Res­cue Ser­vice were called, and they sent out a spe­cial­ist to the house in Southamp­ton.

An­ton Phillips, an an­i­mal res­cue tac­ti­cal ad­viser, said: “It was strange be­ing able to see the an­i­mal’s dole­ful ex­pres­sion through the glass.

“I pulled back the loose skin and po­si­tioned it so I could get one ear out then the other. There was a pop as I got its head free.

“I have dealt with a lot of an­i­mals over the years and I al­ways say if they can get it in, I can get it out.”

STUCK FAST Poor Buddy can­not get out

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.