MAN KILLED BY A KEBAB AT BOOZER

Daily Star - - News - By ALEX SHIPMAN

A DRINKER col­lapsed and died in the toi­lets of his lo­cal pub af­ter chok­ing on a kebab.

Pop­u­lar reg­u­lar Dai Rees, 51, was en­joy­ing a night out with friends at the Lamb Inn when he popped out to buy the snack.

As he re­turned to the bar he started chok­ing and ran to the gents – where pals later found him dead.

Griev­ing friend John Adey, 68, said: “He went to get a kebab and be­gan cough­ing while eat­ing it.

“He went to the toi­let and no-one thought any­thing about it but he choked and died. It was very sad.” Mr Rees – nick­named Radar by pals be­cause of his big ears – lived alone in a flat in Cardi­gan.

Lamb Inn land­lord Jamie Bowen, 43, said he had known him for 20 years.

He added: “Dai was a very nice per­son who was al­ways will­ing to help.”

A spokesman for DyfedPowys Po­lice con­firmed last night that Mr Rees’s death was not be­ing treated as sus­pi­cious.

DEADLY: Food

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.