Makes four large pies
• 400g very strong white
• 7g (1 sachet) easy
• 2 tspns fine salt
• Extra virgin olive oil • 250ml passata
• 600ml warm water
• 2 x 125g buffalo
• Large handful basil leaves • Flaky sea salt
1. On a large, clean work surface, put the flour into a small mound and evenly mix in the fine salt and yeast.
2. Add a tbspn of olive oil and 200ml water. Mix into a firm dough. Add more water, a little at a time, while continuing to knead and mix. (You shouldn’t require all the remaining water.) When you have a thick, firm dough continue to knead for a further 10–12mins.
3. Roll it into a ball, put it in a large bowl, cover with oiled cling film and leave in a warm place for about 2–3 hours.
4. Remove the dough, knock it back down to size on a floured work surface, divide into four equal parts and roll into balls.
5. Preheat your oven as high as it will go. Roll out the balls into large, flat discs. Spread four tbspns of passata on each stopping 2cm from the edge. Sprinkle flaky sea salt. Break up the mozzarella into small pieces and evenly distribute. Scatter the basil leaves, add a few more pinches of flaky salt and bake in the oven for around 6mins until the cheese has melted and the edges are starting to blister and turn brown. Finish with a drizzle of olive oil and serve.