Assault trial delayed over medical report
THE trial of a former Dundee citizen of the year has been pushed back after the court was told of difficulties obtaining a doctor’s report.
Charlie Kean, 54, is accused of a number of charges, including abusing a puppy and assaulting a 14-year-old child earlier this year.
He has denied all five charges levelled against him and the trial against him, which was due at Dundee Sheriff Court on September 29, was adjourned, with new dates set.
Defence solicitor George Donnelly requested the adjournment on the grounds that a medical report ordered by the defence would not arrive in time for the beginning of the trial.
Kean is accused of hanging a young puppy from a window and shaking it on May 4.
He is also alleged to have assaulted a 14-year-old child on May 3.
Kean is alleged to have threatened to harm himself in front of a woman and child between January 1 and February 28 this year.
The incidents are said to have taken place at properties in Broughty Ferry and Dundee.
An intermediate diet has been set for October 31, with the trial due to begin on November 24.
Julie McCash and David Sorrie, who died.