End of the line for historic hospital
THE demolition of one of Glasgow’s oldest hospitals has begun.
The Western Infirmary, which was built in 1874, is being redeveloped by the University of Glasgow as part of a £1billion expansion.
The 14-acre site was sold to the university for £14million as part of a historic land agreement that will see new buildings for health, business, chemistry and the arts and performing spaces.
A second phase of work is
Demolition work continues at the former Western Infirmary in Glasgow Pictures: Jamie Simpson
The University of Glasgow is redeveloping the site
The hospital closed its doors in December 2015