Man repeatedly exposed himself to young girls
Brave victims praised for speaking out
A MAN has been found guilty of indecent exposure after repeatedly exposing himself to two young girls.
After a three-day trial in July, a jury found 51-yearold Adrian Chapman, of Ickenham, guilty of three counts of indecent exposure.
The court was told how between February and September 2013 the young victims became aware of Chapman exposing himself from an upstairs window of his house.
The victims later told police they did not immediately tell anyone as they were scared.
But the behaviour of Chapman continued and finally, following another incident in September 2013, one victim told her mother what had been happening. Her mother informed police and an investigation began.
Specially trained officers interviewed the young girls to gather their evidence as sensitively as possible.
On October 25, 2013, Chapman was arrested at his home address by Uxbridge police officers and charged the same day.
Det Con Anji Dawson, of Hillingdon Criminal Investigation Department, said: “I must firstly pay tribute to the young victims who had the courage to speak out about this crime.
“I must also pay tribute to the victims’ families for all the support they gave to this investigation.
“It is as a result of their bravery and determination that Chapman has been brought to justice.”
Chapman was sentenced on Tuesday, September 9, at Isleworth Crown Court, to a 12 month community order consisting of 200 hours of unpaid work, a 56-day curfew from 8pm to 6am and a notification requirement that he must sign onto the Sex Offenders’ Register for the next five years.
He was also ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £60.