Murder suspect hunt goes on
Police still appealing for information
A £10,000 reward is still on offer as police continue a manhunt for murder suspect Shane O’Brien.
Detectives on the Homicide and Major Crime Command team, investigating the murder of Josh Hanson in Eastcote, are calling for information on the whereabouts of the 27-year-old suspect.
He is white, 6ft tall and of muscular build with links to the Ruislip area, but could be anywhere in the UK according to detectives. The Metropolitan Police is warning the public not to approach O’Brien but report any sighting of him via 999 immediately.
Detective chief inspector Noel McHugh, leading the investigation, said: “We are very keen to speak to Shane O’Brien as part of our ongoing enquiries and we believe he could be anywhere in the UK. I would appeal directly to O’Brien to contact us, or ask that anyone who has seen him or who knows where he is to contact us as well. I do believe someone out there will know where he is.
“A substantial reward remains on offer to anyone with information that leads to O’Brien’s arrest and prosecution and we hope this will encourage someone to come forward.”
Josh, 21, of Kingsbury died after an incident at the RE Bar in Field End Road, Eastcote, at around 1.10am on Sunday, October 11.
He was found suffering a serious wound to the neck and was pronounced dead at the scene.
A post-mortem examination gave the cause of death as haemorrhage, inhalation of blood and an incised wound to the neck.
DCI McHugh, speaking previously about Josh, said: “Josh was a hard-working young lad, up at 5am for his job as a roads planner and often working seven days a week.
“He had everything to live for and when he went out that Saturday night, no one could have imagined what would happen to him. His family is in pieces.”
Two men, aged 24 and 29, were arrested on suspicion of perverting the course of justice and assisting an offender; both have been bailed to return to a police station in late March.
Anyone with information about the murder or O’Brien’s whereabouts should call the incident room on 020 8785 8099 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111. A NEW survey has revealed that more than a third of Londoners won’t be holidaying abroad in 2016.
According to the new survey, the data suggests that as a result of recent terrorist attacks, a lot of holidaymakers won’t be reaching for their passports.
As a direct result of the Paris attacks, one in 10 Londoners said that they won’t be travelling year.
A staggering 23.8% of Londoners surveyed said they won’t travel to France in 2016.
The survey of the UK’s holidaymakers was conducted by holiday company, Cottages in Northumberland, who surveyed 10,000 people in the UK, 1,000 of which live in London.
Last year, the survey found that over half of
this Londoners went on a family holiday, with a city break being the most popular choice.
A romantic getaway was on the cards for 26.2% of people living in London, while 16.9% said they took a solo trip abroad.
Londoners really like their stag and hen parties too, with 6.2% of capital dwellers taking time off to celebrate.
Josh Hanson, left, and Shane O’Brien