Men rescued from house fire
Two treated for smoke inhalation
FIREFIGHTERS rescued two men from a house fire on Bosanquet Close in Uxbridge on the morning of Thursday May 5.
A man was rescued from the first floor by ladder, and a second man was led to safety from the ground floor. They were suffering from smoke inhalation and were taken to hospital by London Ambulance Service crews.
A third man left the property before the arrival of the Brigade. The blaze caused extensive damage to the two-storey house.
Four fire engines and 21 firefighters and officers attended the scene from Hillingdon, Hayes and Heathrow fire stations attended the scene.
Tracy Orchard, watch manager at Hillingdon Fire Station, said: “Firefighters rescued two men and helped prevent the fire from spreading to surrounding properties. Crew provided home fire safety advice to local residents giving life saving advice of what to do if you have a fire in your home.
“There was a smoke alarm fitted in the property, but it didn’t operate. Everyone should have at least one smoke alarm on every level of your home and the safest option is have those linked together. This will give the earliest warning if there is a fire in your home.”
The cause of the fire is believe to be accidental, caused by careless disposal of cigarettes.
The Brigade was called at 3.59am and the fire was under control by 4.55am.
n DAMAGE: The fire at Bosanquet Close is believed to have been accidental