Murder on driveway – two more arrested
Investigation leads to men already in prison
TWO more men have been arrested by police investigating the murder of dad-of-three Redwan El-Ghaidouni in Uxbridge.
The 39-year-old and 36-year-old were arrested at separate prisons on Tuesday September 13 and taken to central London police stations. They have since been bailed to a date in mid-December while investigations continue.
Police say both were in prison at the time Mr ElGhaidouni was shot as he sat in his car in the driveway to his house in Vine Lane in February last year.
A £50,000 reward remains on offer for information leading to the arrest and prosecution of the person or people responsible for the 38-year-old’s murder.
Despite the latest arrests, police are keen for more people with information to come forward. Detective Chief Inspector Noel McHugh, of the Homicide and Major Crime Command, said: “Extensive enquiries have been carried out
I would like to thank all those who have assisted us so far and I hope the large reward on offer will prompt anyone... to approach us in confidence”
and we have made good inroads into understanding the circumstances surrounding Redwan’s murder.
“Our investigation continues and we are still very much encouraging people to come forward.
“I would like to thank all those who have assisted us so far and I hope the large reward on offer will prompt anyone who has yet to do so to approach us in confidence.”
Mr El-Ghaidouni was gunned down by a man who shot him several times at around 7pm on February 3, 2015, outside the home he shared with his partner and three children.
The suspect ran off through an alleyway that leads to Saunders Road, turning the corner where he was caught on a CCTV camera before running in the direction of Dowding Road.
He was wearing a distinctive dark hooded top with a large logo on the front as well as dark bottoms, dark gloves and dark shoes or trainers.
CCTV also shows the suspect – again wearing the top with the large motif – in Saunders Road on numerous occasions on Saturday, January 31 and Monday, February 2. It is thought these were failed attempts to shoot Redwan.
Officers are also still keen to hear from anyone who can identify a man seen an hour before Mr El-Ghaidouni was murdered, at about 6pm, standing on the verge by a telegraph pole at the junction of St Andrews Road and Vine Lane.
DCI McHugh added: “As we’ve previously said, Redwan did have a criminal past and had been linked to drug importation.
“He had been released from prison almost seven months before his death but he had been working full-time at a car dealership and enjoying being a family man again.
“We continue to look into his background for answers about what happened but whatever the circumstances, his murder has left three young sons without a father and his long-term partner devastated.”
Four other people previously arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder have been bailed pending further enquires.
Anyone with any information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8785 8099 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or get in touch via crimestoppers-uk.org.
n VICTIM: Redwan El-Ghaidouni had a criminal past but was working at a regular job when he was killed in February 2015