Brothers are jailed af­ter threat­en­ing to kill man

Kentish Express Ashford & District - - ‘when I Saw The Car I Burst Out Crying’ -

A thug car­ried out a ter­ri­fy­ing at­tack just nine days af­ter a pa­role board ruled he was safe to be re­leased from jail. Mo­hammed Ko­bir Ud­din 32, from Wincheap, Can­ter­bury had been given an in­de­ter­mi­nate sen­tence in 2006 for a nasty rob­bery – mean­ing he would re­main caged un­til the au­thor­i­ties ruled he no longer posed a threat to so­ci­ety.

But less than two weeks af­ter gain­ing his free­dom, he joined younger brother Mo­hamed Do­bir Ud­din, 26, of Ash­ford, in the at­tack to en­force a debt.

The pair tricked their vic­tim Parwaz Dil­soz into their car and drove him around Folke­stone mak­ing threats to kill him.

The 15-minute or­deal only ended when he tried to jump from the mov­ing ve­hi­cle and even­tu­ally crawled on his hands and knees to a wait­ing po­lice of­fi­cer.

When po­lice raided Do­bir’s home in Ash­ford they found a shot­gun, live car­tridges and 250 ‘deals’ of crack co­caine.

Ko­bir, who was re­turned to prison un­der the old sen­tence, was given an eight-year ex­tended jail sen­tence, which in­cludes an im­me­di­ate fiveyear term. He was con­victed of false im­pris­on­ment.

Do­bir, who was con­victed of the same charge and hav­ing a shot­gun, car­tridges and the Class A drugs, was jailed for 14 years.

A jury at Can­ter­bury Crown Court heard how in De­cem­ber 2012 the brothers held Mr Dil­soz against his will and as­saulted him.

Prose­cu­tor Ed Fowler said Do­bir went to the home of Mr Dil­soz af­ter a fall­ing out be­tween them.

“At first all seemed friendly and the two shook hands and Do­bir then asked him to get into his car which he did.”

But in the car the brothers be­gan ar­gu­ing with him and threat­ened to drive him to Lon­don and kill him.

“For­tu­nately Mr Dil­soz saw a po­lice­man as they were driv­ing round and he was no in fear for his life.

He man­aged to kick the door open as Do­bir climbed over and grabbed him by the throat.

“Mr Dil­soz was try­ing to get out of the car even though it was mov­ing and he was be­ing punched. By now he was des­per­ately strug­gling and man­aged to get out.

“Po­lice of­fi­cers then ar­rived and could see some­one’s leg pok­ing out of the door and one of them shouted: ‘Po­lice, what are you do­ing?’

“Ko­bir then stood up and Mr Dil­soz then crawled out of the car and ex­plained to the of­fi­cers that he had been held against his will. He was later taken to hos­pi­tal,” he added.

The vic­tim, speak­ing through an in­ter­preter, told the jury: “I got into the car and Ko­bir grabbed me and told Dobs to drive off.

“Ko­bir was ask­ing for be­tween £520 and £560 but they didn’t tell me what for.

“I was hold­ing my phone in­tend­ing to dial 999 but I didn’t get a chance to dial.

“I tried very hard to open the door but at first it wouldn’t open. But next time it opened while we were driv­ing and I put my leg out of the door while Kabir was hold­ing my throat and beat­ing me.

“When I got out of the car they tried to get me back in­side. I was scream­ing. “

Judge Si­mon James told the brothers that the debt by Dil­soz was in some way as­so­ci­ated with drugs.

“You then sub­jected your vic­tim to a ter­ri­fy­ing or­deal, tak­ing him in a car to var­i­ous parts of Folke­stone. He was threat­ened that he would be killed and you told him you in­tended to take him to Lon­don where his body would be dumped.

“Such was the vic­tim’s fear that he sought to es­cape by jump­ing from a mov­ing car, thereby in­jur­ing him­self fur­ther.

“Once out­side the car you con­tin­ued to re­strain him un­til he lit­er­ally crawled on hands and knees to po­lice.

“Nei­ther of you has shown any re­morse and you clearly

Mo­hammed Ko­bir Ud­din, 32, left, and his brother Mo­hamed Do­bir Ud­din, 26, have been jailed

Paul St­in­ton, above, was out jog­ging at the time of the ac­ci­dent on Jan­uary 4

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.