Passengers in 14-hour train delay
Passengers on the Eurostar faced delays of nearly 14 hours after suspected migrants trespassed on the line in the Calais area.
All traffic through the Channel Tunnel was suspended temporarily on Tuesday night.
One Eurostar train was forced to remain in Calais and travellers were escorted off the train.
Former KM journalist Ian West, from near Hythe, was returning home from France when the train he was on was stopped.
He said: “It left 15 minutes late because they said there was a fault. We got just outside the tunnel and were told migrants were trying to get on the train.”
Passengers, who included young children and babies, were told police had been called and they arrived about an hour later.
Two hours later, they were told it was still not safe, and had to remain on the carriage.
Eventually the train started moving and returned to Calais, and passengers exited the train.
At 5am, they were told a train was coming from London. Mr West arrived at Ashford International at 10am yesterday (Wednesday).
A spokesman for Eurostar said: “All passengers who were affected are able to exchange their ticket using Eurostar.com.”