Chimney fires warning after blaze
Firefighters are warning people to get their chimneys swept as summer vanishes after they toiled to deal with a blaze.
A crew sent to The Street, Great Chart, had to use a 10 metre ladder, roof ladder and thermal imaging camera to help put out a chimney fire.
The crew from Ashford were called out at 3.30pm on Saturday and were at the scene for two hours.
They had to deal with a closed fireplace with a log burner, a metal box where the wood is stored and burned, and it had to be removed to get to the fire.
The thermal camera was used to check for fire spread. No major damage was caused. But now with autumn looming, Ashford Watch Manager, Clive Douglas said: “If you haven’t done so already, now is the time to get your chimney professionally swept and inspected by a certified chimney sweep, before the weather cools down.
“You can also sign up to receive our free clean sweep alert, which will remind to get your chimney swept and give you some useful safety tips.”