Other unusual rescues by firefighters
A 14-year-old boy had to be freed by firefighters when he got his finger stuck in the drip tray of a coffee machine in June 2015. He had been taken to Ashford’s William Harvey Hospital where medical staff called for help when they were unable to free the finger.
Gym-goer Deb Jarvis had to be freed by Ashford firefighters after she got her fingers stuck in holes in the wall of the hall at Ashford’s Stour Centre. She was waiting for her Fight Klub class to start when she lent back on a wall and inadvertently pushed her fingers into a metal railing with holes in it. Firefighters had to cut out a section of the wall to free her.
Dover girl Ella Birchenough had to be lifted free by firefighters after becoming stuck waist-deep in a drain after jumping down to retrieve her dropped iPhone. A photo of the trapped 16-yearold, taken by her mum, went viral on the internet.
Firefighters freed a 16-year-old girl who got stuck head-first into a gap between rocks on Herne Bay seafront while looking for her lighter. With the tide coming in, the fire crew prised the boulders apart using hydraulic equipment and dragged the youngster to safety.
Jenson Young, then seven, was riding his bike in Ashford a couple of years ago when he slipped off the seat and got his leg stuck between the metal frame and a pedal arm. Neighbours tried for 30 minutes to free the distressed lad before calling firefighters, who cut through part of the bike to free him.