On fi­nal day

Macclesfield Express - - SEARCH -

Bell thumped the ball to­wards goal, his shot de­flect­ing past the keeper to give Macc a one goal lead on 22 min­utes.

Ev­ery­thing seemed to be go­ing Macc’s way and they con­tin­ued to put Dart­ford un­der con­sis­tent pres­sure as they tried to dou­ble the ad­van­tage.

The best chance to do so came to Hol­royd who half volleyed a cross from Barrow high above the Dart­ford cross­bar.

The men in blue con­trolled the rest of the half, their lead un­threat­ened, but with news that For­est Green had come from be­hind to lead 2- 1 at Gateshead, Macc could not af­ford any mis­takes af­ter half time.

The teams emerged for the sec­ond pe­riod and nei­ther was able to as­sert dom­i­nance in mid­field, the ball ex­chang­ing hands too eas­ily for ei­ther side’s lik­ing.

The Silk­men looked the side more likely to score once Adri­ano Moke was in­tro­duced to the game on 60 min­utes as a re­place­ment for Danny Rowe.

The pacey winger sparked life into Town’s attack and was a real hand­ful for the Dart­ford de­fence.

Time and time again Moke cre­ated some­thing from noth­ing with a flick of his heel, and in the 79th minute when Moke skil­fully played the ball past his marker he was brought down, earn­ing the free kick which set up Town’s sec­ond goal.

Turn­bull sent the free kick into the Dart­ford area where Hol­royd at­tempted an over­head kick which saw the ball high into the air.

Darts keeper Ibrahim failed to gather the ball and it fell to Thierry Audel who spun his man and struck the ball home from six yards.

The re­sult was in the bag but it was not the end to the day’s drama with two red cards pro­duced in the fi­nal min­utes.

The first was shown to Macc’s Ge­orge Pilk­ing­ton on 83 min­utes who, de­spite min­i­mal con­tact was last man when he brought Pugh down out­side the box.

Ben Toner had no choice but to pro­duce red as a re­sult.

The sec­ond was in the dy­ing mo­ments of the game when Woods brought down Turn­bull to see earn a sec­ond yel­low card and bring an end to pro­ceed­ings.

Tay­lor, Grant, Audel, Pilk­ing­ton (Sent Off 83’), Barrow, Bell, Hol­royd (Cowan 84’), Whi­taker, Barnes-Homer, Turn­bull, Rowe (Moke 60’). Un­used Subs: Hain­ing, Brana­gan, Phenix.



Ibrahim, Driver, McAu­ley, Noble (Hayes 66’), Richards, Dal­li­son-Lis­bon, Adams (Sent Off 90+2), Brad­brook, Green, Pugh, Craw­ford (Brad­brook 63’). Un­used Subs: Da­ley, Col­lier, Vint. Ben Toner



ALEXANDER HANNAH CIN­DER­FORD kept hopes of sur­vival alive at Pri­ory Park with a win over al­ready rel­e­gated Macclesfield who missed their chance to snatch a sel­dom home win in their last game at Pri­ory Park of the sea­son.

The vis­i­tors got off to a blis­ter­ing start af­ter fly half Cal­lum Sheedy spot­ted a gap in the re­cently stern Blues de­fence to race through and score, he also con­verted his own score.

Macc re­sponded on four min­utes, El­liot Bri­er­ley beat a cou­ple of de­fend­ers and off­loaded to winger Josh Fowles who fin­ished ex­pertly in the cor­ner. Tom Eaton missed the tough con­ver­sion from the touch line.

A Ge­orge Evans try, con­verted by Sheedy, and a penalty re­stored the vis­i­tors’ lead at 5-17.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.