Warn­ing af­ter ex­trac­tor fan fires

Macclesfield Express - - SAM BURT TRIBUTES -

A WARN­ING has been given over bath­room ex­trac­tor fans.

Fire crews have at­tended three in­ci­dents where fans have over­heated in two weeks.

Fire­fight­ers were called to London Road, Poyn­ton, on Oc­to­ber 30 at 9pm when a fan over­heated, and at­tended two sim­i­lar in­ci­dents in Stock­port.

Each time only a small amount of dam­age was caused but res­i­dents have been told ex­trac­tors must be kept clean and dust-free.

Matt Lewis, from Of­fer­ton fire sta­tion, said: “If flames spread to the loft area with in­su­la­tion in there it could cause a large fire.

“Ex­trac­tor fans need to be kept clean and free of dust.

“It should be fit­ted by a qual­i­fied elec­tri­cian.”

For more in­for­ma­tion about fire safety go to cheshire­fire.gov.uk.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.