Five peo­ple saved from blaze at flat

Manchester Evening News - - THIS REVBEL LIFE -

FIVE peo­ple had to be res­cued fol­low­ing a fire at a flat in Sal­ford.

Emer­gency ser­vices were called to Great Cheetham Street West just af­ter 6.30am yes­ter­day.

It’s un­der­stood the fire was started by a cloth that had been left near a heater in the ground-floor prop­erty.

Three crews – from Broughton, Manch­ester Cen­tral and Sal­ford – went to the scene and res­cued a woman from inside, as well as help­ing four oth­ers to get out.

The woman, whose age has not been re­leased by the am­bu­lance ser­vice, was treated at the scene for smoke in­hala­tion be­fore be­ing taken to North Manch­ester Gen­eral Hos­pi­tal.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.