Red hot chilli emp­ties flats

Midweek Sport - - SUNDAY SPORT -

AN en­tire BUILD­ING had to be evac­u­ated af­ter some­one cooked a HOT CHILLI.

The high-rise block of flats were emp­tied by emer­gency ser­vices af­ter one of its res­i­dents heated a hot pep­per in a mi­crowave.

Fire crews and a HAZMAT team were called to the scene af­ter the cooked pep­per re­leased the chem­i­cal cap­saicin into the air and acted like a home-made pep­per spray.

A spokesper­son for the New York fire ser­vice said: “It seems what­ever kind of pep­per they were us­ing, it’s aerosolised.

“If you’ve ever got­ten pep­per in your eyes, you know how hard it can be on your sys­tem.

“I do not know what kind of pep­per it was, but clearly spicy enough to af­fect the peo­ple in the hall­way.”

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.