Drunk yob told ex: I’m not fin­ished with you

Bully jailed for mak­ing chilling threats to for­mer part­ner

Paisley Daily Express - - Front Page - Ron Moore Luke McLean

A drunken bully who broke bail con­di­tions to threaten his ex-girl­friend has been jailed.

Lout Luke McLean, 26, phoned An­gela Lee at her home where he made chilling threats that he still “wasn’t fin­ished with her.”

Pais­ley Sher­iff Court heard the ac­cused also threat­ened an­other wit­ness present at her house in Ren­frew, say­ing he was “bring­ing down 15 boys” to sort them out.

McLean had been re­leased on strict con­di­tions on Au­gust 23 that he did not ap­proach or con­tact Ms Lee. He then made threats against her and her fam­ily on Septem­ber 15.

Fis­cal de­pute Mar­garet McCal­lum said: “Wit­ness Ms Lee was within her home along with her part­ner, her mother and her four chil­dren.

“At around 9.30pm she re­ceived a text mes­sage from a phone num­ber, which she had saved un­der the name John McLean.

“He is the fa­ther of the ac­cused, her ex-part­ner.

“The text re­lated to one of the chil­dren who re­sides with Ms Lee. “She sim­ply ig­nored the text. “A short time later she re­ceived a phone call from the same num­ber.

“She an­swered this. She recog­nised the first voice as that of John McLean, her ex-part­ner’s fa­ther.

“He ap­peared to be heav­ily in­tox­i­cated and was not mak­ing much sense.

“At this point an­other voice ap­peared and she recog­nised this as the ac­cused.

“She put the phone on loud­speaker so that other wit­nesses could her what was be­ing said.

“One of the wit­nesses present en­tered the con­ver­sa­tion. A short time later the ac­cused be­came ver­bally abu­sive and threat­en­ing to­wards the wit­ness.

“The ac­cused made ref­er­ence to an up­com­ing court date be­tween the ac­cused and Ms Lee. The ac­cused said he was go­ing to bring 15 boys down. He made the threats to the wit­ness.

“The ac­cused then di­rectly ad­dressed Ms Lee and said he wasn’t fin­ished with her yet.”

The court heard McLean, now liv­ing at Bri­ar­grove Ter­race, In­ver­ness, was with a new part­ner af­ter the re­la­tion­ship with the com­plainer fin­ished.

He ap­peared at court and pleaded guilty to a charge un­der the Com­mu­ni­ca­tions Act where he phoned his ex-part­ner and made a call that was ob­scene and men­ac­ing in char­ac­ter, and he acted in an ag­gres­sive man­ner to­wards Ms Lee.

He also ad­mit­ted breach­ing terms of his bail by con­tact­ing her when un­der le­gal con­di­tions not to.

De­fence agent Bob Mitchell said: “The re­la­tion­ship is now def­i­nitely at an end. He has moved away from the area and is liv­ing with a new part­ner.

“Al­co­hol had been taken. He has no rec­ol­lec­tion of the of­fence.”

How­ever, Sher­iff Craig Har­ris took a dim view of the ac­cused’s record and handed him four months in jail.

He said: “You have a con­vic­tion for a sim­i­lar of­fence in Jan­uary 2017.

“And you were placed on a Com­mu­nity Pay­back Or­der for three years in Au­gust of 2017.

“You now have a sec­ond Com­mu­ni­ca­tions Act of­fence from Septem­ber this year.

“Breach­ing bail con­di­tions against your ex-part­ner and then threat­en­ing a per­son in the con­text of a court case with the com­plainer, is very se­ri­ous.”

Sher­iff Har­ris ex­plained that cus­tody was the only ap­pro­pri­ate op­tion given the of­fence was com­mit­ted while McLean sub­ject to nu­mer­ous bail or­der.

Locked up

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.