Roast veg & halloumi pie
This colourful pie is full of nutrients and goodness. If you prefer, add crumbled feta to the vegetable mixture instead of halloumi. SERVES 8 PREP 25min, plus cooling COOK about 1hr
• 2 peppers, deseeded and roughly chopped
• 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes, cut into 2cm (¾in) pieces
• 1 red onion, finely chopped
• 2 courgettes, roughly chopped
• 200g (7oz) mushrooms, roughly chopped
• 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to grease and brush
• 1tbsp dried mixed herbs
• 250g pack halloumi, finely chopped
• Small handful fresh parsley or fresh oregano, roughly chopped
• 5 filo pastry sheets, each measuring about 32cm x 38cm (12½in x 15in) 1 Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan) mark 6. Put vegetables into a large roasting tin and toss through the oil, dried herbs and lots of seasoning. Roast for 30min, tossing midway through. Set aside to cool completely, then stir through the halloumi and fresh herbs. Check the seasoning.
2 Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan) mark 6 and lightly grease a 20.5cm (8in) round springform tin. Brush one side of each filo sheet with a little oil, then arrange oil-side down in the tin, making sure that no gaps are left at the base or sides. Let any excess filo hang over the edges of the tin.
3 Pile the filling into the pastry and press down firmly to level. Cover filling with overhanging pastry, scrunching up filo. Bake pie in oven for 20min, then unclip and remove metal rim. Bake for a further 10-15min until deep golden. Serve with a green salad, if you like. PER SERVING: CALS 287; FAT 12g; SAT FAT 6g; CARBS 31g