Boy ‘robbed at knifepoint’
THE Metropolitan Police has launched an investigation into the alleged knife-point robbery of a group of children outside Sainsbury’s in South Ruislip.
An appeal for witnesses has been launched after the terrifying ordeal that happened between 5.30pm and 6pm on Thursday (November 24).
The mum of one of the victims said her 12-year-old son is scared to leave the house after he was approached by a gang of three males and two girls who demanded their coats before pulling out a knife.
A statement from the police said: “Police in Hillingdon are investigating the robbery of a 12-year-old boy. The suspects are reported to be a group made up of around three males and two females; all described as black and aged mid to late teens.”
Speaking after the incident last week, the mother of the victim, who asked the Gazette not to name her or her son, said: “There were lots of people walking past. It was brazen.
“They put their arms around their heads so it looked like they were their friends, but they said ‘we’re going to rob you blud.’
“They said if they talked they would go to their school and stab one of the boys.
“It makes my blood boil. Someone could have been stabbed last night.
“Last night he was very quiet. When he got up today he said he’s not going out anymore.
“It’s got to stop or something terrible will happen.”
No arrests have been made in this case and police say enquiries continue. Witnesses are asked to call police on 101.