Corpy Club leave the Crick­eters Arms stumped with a gr-eight win

Runcorn & Widnes Weekly News - - Theguide -

ON Fri­day even­ing in the Widnes & District Darts League, the Mill Brow SC RTB League con­tin­ued.

In Di­vi­sion One, the Gold­mine at home to the Mill­field started badly as they con­ceded the first three games to the vis­i­tors’ Ian Wall (16 darts first leg), Chris Hall and Ron­nie Greylish (12 darts first leg). The Gold­mine’s open­ing pair, Terry Roach & Tim Hunt (13 darts sec­ond leg) took the next game, but that was as good as it got for them as the Mill­field surged ahead tak­ing the re­main­ing five games and the match via Chris Hall & Alan Sut­ton (15 darts first leg and 18 darts third leg), Ian Wall & Ron­nie Greylish, Billy Fox, Dave Sut­ton and Keith Hora­bin (11 darts third leg).

Halton Sta­dium at home to the Mill Brow SC con­ceded the first game to the Brow’s Kevin Helps (15 darts in the first leg). Ed­die Doot­son then lev­elled for the Sta­dium.

The Brow took the next game via Alan Friar (14 darts), briefly tak­ing them ahead. The Sta­dium re­stored par­ity with a win from their open­ing pair, John Bowles & Joe Price (19 darts in sec­ond leg). The Sta­dium then went on to take the next four games through Ed­die Doot­son & Kevin Gar­cia, Barry Stan­ners & Tony Jack­son, John Bowles (16 darts) and Kevin Gar­cia (14 darts) seal­ing their match suc­cess. The Brow took the fi­nal game via Brian Spruce.

Widnes Bowl­ing Club at home to Simms Cross In­sti­tute claimed the first two games through Dave Ger­rard and Alan Clark. The Stute lev­elled with two wins of their own via Peter Jer­ram and open­ing pair, Andy Ab­bott & Glynn Owen.

A fur­ther win apiece from the Bowler’s Alex McGill & Tommy Robert­son and the Stute’s Dave Evans & Paul Batty made it 3-3. The Bowler then ral­lied win­ning the next two games and the match through Joe Batty (13 darts) and Tex Bowles.

In what was just a con­so­la­tion, Dave Batty won the fi­nal game for the Stute.

In Di­vi­sion Two, the Birch­field at home to Hough Green SC se­cured the first two games via Dave Her­ley and Keith Allen (nine darts). Paul Woods then took the next game for Hough Green.

The Birch­field widened the gap again with a win from their open­ing pair, John Leather & Carl Bryan (15 darts). Hough Green were still in with a chance as Wayne Bed­ford & Ste Cos­grove added another win to their tally.

How­ever, it was not to be their night as the Birch­field se­cured the re­main­ing four games and the match through Alan Rigby & Paul Smith (15 darts), Paul Smith, John Leather and Mal­colm John­son.

The Corpy Club at home to the Crick­eters Arms had a great night as they claimed the first seven games via Dave Pick­les, Alan Mo­ran and D Cowan in the sin­gles be­fore Alan Mo­ran & Mike Ruane (18 darts), Dave Pick­les & D Cowan and Alan Pen­ning­ton & Jeff Thomp­son fol­lowed with wins in the pairs. Back in the sin­gles, Mark O’Con­nor added the sev­enth point.

John Blakely took the penul­ti­mate game for the Crick­eters Arms, whilst Mike Ruane took the fi­nal game wrap­ping up an 8-1 tri­umph for Corpy Club.

The Mersey Ho­tel at home to the Main Top took an early lead with wins from S Wood­ward and John W A Cotty. The Top came back to level with two of their own through An­thony Wood­ward and open­ing pair, An­thony Wood­ward & Cal­lum Taylor.

The Mersey then went ahead via David Cotty & John Cotty, but yet again the Top lev­elled, this time through Mick Glynn & Mark Mid­dle­ton.

Both teams had fought hard and as the Main Top took the next two games via Roy Cald­well and Cal­lum Taylor, the out­come was re­solved in their favour. The Mersey’s John Cotty won the last game.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.