Man in cus­tody

Runcorn & Widnes Weekly News - - Front Page -

A WIDNES man will re­main in cus­tody un­til his trial while an­other man has been re­leased un­der in­ves­ti­ga­tion fol­low­ing a shoot­ing in Run­corn on Tues­day, June 19.

Cheshire Con­stab­u­lary said that Sean Mead­ows, 29, re­mains in cus­tody while six men are now re­leased un­der in­ves­ti­ga­tion.

Mead­ows, of Ox­ford Street, Widnes, will ap­pear at Ch­ester Crown Court on July 20 for trial af­ter ap­pear­ing be­fore mag­is­trates on June 23.

A Cheshire Con­stab­u­lary spokeswoman con­firmed that five Run­corn men, a 20-year-old, a 21-yearold, an 18-year old, 24-year-old and a 25-year-old, and a 31-year-old from Manch­ester have been re­leased un­der in­ves­ti­ga­tion.

She added that Mead­ows had been charged and re­manded, while a 19-year-old form Run­corn will face no fur­ther ac­tion fol­low­ing his re­lease.

The eight men were ar­rested af­ter shots were fired at a car at the junc­tion of Bridge Street with Hal­ton Road and Heath Road at around 8.25 on the morn­ing of June 19.

Mead­ows will stand trial charged with pos­ses­sion of a firearm, namely a shot­gun, with in­tent to cause an­other male to be­lieve that un­law­ful vi­o­lence would be used against him.

In the af­ter­math, a Cheshire Con­stab­u­lary spokesman said part of the in­ves­ti­ga­tion re­lates to po­ten­tial ve­hi­cle move­ments be­tween Per­ci­val Lane and the scene of the al­leged of­fence.

Run­corn po­lice had re­quested dash­cam footage as part of the in­ves­ti­ga­tion, in par­tic­u­lar from any motorists driv­ing on Per­ci­val Lane, Brind­ley Street, Mersey Road, Bridge Street and Hal­ton Road be­tween 7.30am and 8.30am on Tues­day, June 19.

Any­one with in­for­ma­tion about the in­ci­dent can call Cheshire Con­stab­u­lary on 101 quot­ing in­ci­dent num­ber 97863.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.